Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bipasha Basu Injured her knee

Bipasha Basu had pain while she was shooting in Bangkok for a song. At the initial stage she avoid this pain. According to her "I didn't even know it was a tear. There was a lot of pain in Bangkok and I didn't know what it was. I thought it was a problem related to my flat feet. But after I returned to Mumbai and finished with John's (Abraham) brother's wedding reception I got an MRI done. It showed a tear.

"It's a very common occurrence in the legs of active people like dancers and athletes. That tear just stays. There's no cure for it. If you lead a routine life it doesn't bother you at all. Otherwise there's arthroscopy. But my orthopaedic surgeons have not advised it. I can walk, work out, dance, do everything."

Bipasha further added that this kind of problem is common for an artist and athelets and she took it as a part of her job. According to Bipasha "It's part of our job. It's no big deal. You just have to understand your body and be careful. Four years back I ran with the wrong shoes. It caused a knee problem. I immediately corrected that. I believe in long-term health and when I work out I listen to my body. If any part of my body gives me any pain I stop immediately. And no trainer can push me," she quipped.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy that one is really hurting one. But hats off to her and her professional skill than she was keep doing work as well.

This is really brave of her that she accept it with open heart as gift in her profession.